NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber: Secondment opportunity: 18 Month secondment for part-time (0.4 WTE) assistant programme manager
A secondment opportunity is available within NIHR CLAHRC YH core team to support the delivery of this exciting, and highly impactful research programme until 30 September 2019.
The National Institute for Health Research, Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and care, Yorkshire and Humber (NIHR CLAHRC YH), is one of 13 CLAHRCs around the country funded by the NIHR to undertake 5 year programmes of research and the implementation of research findings to improve the self-management of long-term conditions.
The NIHR CLAHRC YH’s vision is to undertake high quality applied research and evidence based implementation that is responsive to, and in partnership with, our collaborating organisation, patient, carers and the public. The outcome being an improvement in both the health and wealth of the population of Yorkshire and Humber.
We believe that our collaboration can have a major impact on regional health inequalities, at the same time as supporting the NHS and local authorities in developing new knowledge and exploring new ways of working to improve the health and wellbeing of our population.
More information can be found on our website www.clahrc-yh.nihr.ac.uk
The successful candidate will join a core team that includes the Director, Deputy Director and another part-time assistant programme manager. There is also finance and business support within the team, as well as a strong administrative and communications team.
The CLAHRC is a lively and diverse research programme. The post holder’s duties will include:
- Support to Theme Managers, and enable cross theme activity and over-all programme coherence, along with the Deputy Director and other assistant programme manger
- Assist NHS engagement with NIHR CLAHRC YH activity, to support co-production of research and enable impact on services
- Plan and attend quarterly Theme Management meetings.
- Monitor finances and programme budget with support from the finance team and the Deputy Director.
- Coordination and delivery of the annual reports and other reporting requirements of the NIHR
- Responsibility for the NIHR CLAHRC YH Public Involvement (PPI) strategy
- Maintenance of the programme’s risk log
- Coordinate cross CLAHRC working within the national CLAHRC community. This will include attending the national CLAHRC programme manager meetings quarterly
- Contribute to newsletters and externally facing CLAHRC publicity and dissemination materials
- Attend and contribute to the CLAHRC core team, and Executive and Strategic Partnership Board meetings.
The post will be an AfC Grade 8a 0.4 WTE
This secondment opportunity is available to colleagues within the collaborating and partner organisations of NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber within the region.
The successful candidate will be based in either Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS FT (Royal Hallamshire site) or Bradford Institute of Health Services Research
Please submit a CV, supporting statement, and a letter confirming support from your line manager to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 15th January 2018.
Interviews will take place on 30th January 2018 at the NIHR CLAHRC YH offices, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your application please contact email@example.com