Applications are now open for the 2017/18 intake of the Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Internship Scheme across the North region of Health Education England.
Co-ordinated by Sheffield Hallam University, the key components of the internship programme are:
- a Clinical Academic Research Experience supported by supervision and research mentorship for 30 days.
- an Educational Learning Package comprising of 4 days face to face learning and 4 days equivalent online distance learning.
By the end of the programme we hope that participants will have the confidence to apply their newly learned skills within their employing Trusts, become research champions, and consider a future clinical academic career to include formally accredited education programmes.
This can be either within the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme, or via other routes. Interns will also benefit from an enhanced ability to apply successfully for further formal research training.
Further details of the Internships Scheme, including case studies of previous participants is available on the Health Education England website
A three-step applications process is in place for the Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Internship Scheme as follows:
- an Expression of Interest to be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 17th May 2017. These Expressions of Interest will be assessed to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria, with eligible applicants then invited to submit a full application
- a Full Application, to be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 31st May 2017. These will be assessed by a panel of staff from Health Education England and Sheffield Hallam University, with the highest scoring candidates invited to interview
- a selection Interview for the shortlisted candidates, to be held during June 2017. Exact dates will be confirmed nearer the time
For further details on the Internships Scheme, and to access the Expressions of Interest form, please visit www.shu.ac.uk/icainternships
Hopefully the website will answer any queries you may have, but if you require any further details please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com