NIHR CLAHRC CAHPR Post-Doctorate Research Fellowship Career Development Opportunity
The secondment opportunity is for a post-doctoral AHP to work with NIHR YH CLAHRC, 1 day per week for 6 months depending upon salary costs. The opportunity will enable access to mentorship and supervision from identified CLAHRC staff aligned with a CLAHRC research theme or other area of activity.
The aim of the secondment is to support activity to enable to secondee to become self-sustaining or to develop their post-doctorate experience to enable their career to progress to the next level.
• Undertake activity that facilitates the next stage of you research career, aligned with your longer term career plan.
• Produce a tangible pre-agreed output (bid submission, a bid network and outline proposal, a clear plan for any post-doc application).
• Consolidation of research planning and networking skills.
• Support the CAHPR regional hubs towards the achievement of the CAHPR organisational objectives.
The secondment will be based at the NIHR CLAHRC offices in Sheffield, or as negotiated.
Funding: Up to £8000 is available to cover salary costs for the secondment.
Eligibility: you must live or work in the Yorkshire and Humber region and be a member of the Yorkshire or South Yorkshire CAHPR hubs.
Secondment dates: February to July 2017, the start date can be flexible.
To apply please email you application to Dr Kate Grafton firstname.lastname@example.org before midday on 30/11/16. Please include:
• Your CV
• An outline plan (max 1 side A4) of how you will meet the secondment objectives.
• A plan of how the funds will used to provide protected time.
• A letter of support from your line manager.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 13th December 2016 in the afternoon at the NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber offices at Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF
If you would like to discuss the opportunity further please contact either:
Professor Jo Cooke, Deputy Director and Capacity Lead NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber Jo.Cooke@sth.nhs.uk or
Dr Kate Grafton, South Yorkshire CAHPR Hub Co-Lead email@example.com
You can find out more about CAHPR visit http://www.csp.org.uk/cahpr
To join and be included in CAHPR updates please contact Stephanie Portier S.J.Portier@shu.ac.uk
To find out more about CLAHRC’s capacity building work please visit