Lauren Powell a researcher within the NIHR CLAHRC YH Telehealth and Care Technologies (TaCT) Theme is working with the Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Research and the Centre for Assistive Technology and Connected Healthcare at the University of Sheffield to create a PPI database.
The aim of the database is for people to register on the database if you are interested in a number of long term conditions
- because you have one
- you live with, care for, or support with somebody who does
- you have a general interest in the condition
When you register onto the database, you are agreeing to be approached in the future for a number of projects that require either Patient and Public involvement (PPI) activities or will enable you to act as a participant for projects.
- Our researcher Lauren will be work to ensure your details aren’t being shared too widely and that you aren’t contacted too many times
- Let Lauren know that you are a group or you have a group that would be interested to know more.
- Have you been in a research project before and would like to be in another then you can still join the database for future studies.
The aim is to tell as many people about this database as possible so that our groups can have the best resource to draw from to increase public engagement activities.
If you have any questions about how you can work with the team or if you would like to recruit for research or PI purposes, then please get in touch as the database may be of some use to you.you can contact Lauren Powell – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 222 8275