Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarships, Fully Funded Scholarships – October 2016 Entry. Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds
An opportunity to undertake a funded PhD: Developing and evaluating aide-memoire and mHealth interventions to support medication adherence in co-morbid severe mental illness and physical health patients.
The PhD is part of the Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarships scheme, and will be part-funded through the NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber Mental Health Theme. The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees at the UK/EU rate and a maintenance grant (£14,057 for session 2015/16). The scholarship will provide funding for 3 years subject to satisfactory progress during the research candidature.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health has a number of fully funded Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarships for entry in October 2016 for full time PhD study. We have PhD projects available across the following research themes; please click on each theme to see the projects available:
- Applied Health Research
- Clinical Trials
- Health Informatics
- Infection, Inflammation and Immunity
- Structure and Function in Biomedicine
- Surgical Innovations
- Tissue Regeneration
Eligibility: To be considered for one of these scholarships to undertake a PhD, you must meet the eligibility criteria and submit an application by the deadline.
The following criteria must be met:
- Applicants should hold a strong degree (equivalent to at least a UK upper second class honours degree) in a relevant area or other discipline appropriate for the PhD project they are applying for.
- These awards are only available to applicants from the UK and EU.
- Applicants applying should not already be studying for or have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicants applying should not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the Faculty’s English Language requirements
The closing date is 26th February. Interested applicants should get in touch at the earliest possible stage to enable us to advise on the preparation of a strong application. Informal inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be found here: