Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds
Fully Funded Scholarships – October 2016 Entry
The Faculty of Medicine and Health has a number of fully funded Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarships for entry in October 2016 for full time PhD study. We have PhD projects available across the following research themes, please click on each theme to see the projects available:
Exploring the feasibility, validity and utility of a novel system for real-time monitoring of patient safety – Professor Rebecca Lawton, Dr Jane O’Hara, Professor John Wright
- Clinical Trials
- Health Informatics
- Infection, Inflammation and Immunity
- Structure and Function in Biomedicine
- Surgical Innovations
- Tissue Regeneration
The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees at the UK/EU rate and a maintenance grant (£14,057 for session 2015/16). The scholarship will provide funding for 3 years subject to satisfactory progress during the research candidature.
To be considered for one of these scholarships to undertake a PhD, you must meet the eligibility criteria and submit an application by the deadline. The following criteria must be met:
- Applicants should hold a strong degree (equivalent to at least a UK upper second class honours degree) in a relevant area or other discipline appropriate for the PhD project they are applying for.
- These awards are only available to applicants from the UK and EU.
- Applicants applying should not already be studying for or have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicants applying should not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the Faculty’s English Language requirements
How to apply:
Email the following supporting documentation to email@example.com:
- Completed Faculty Scholarship Application Form
- Full Academic CV including referee details
- 2 references from academic referees. Please ask your referees to send these references on your behalf, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 26 February 2016. (We may not be able to process your application if we do not receive these references).
- If you have already applied for another scholarship within the Faculty of Medicine and Health using this application process, you will not need to apply again, please email: email@example.com and confirm that you would like to be considered for this scholarship and provide details of up to 3 projects you are interested in. The Graduate School will then add this information to your application.
Deadline for applications is Friday 26 February 2016
Informal enquiries should be directed to the Graduate School Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that this is the application process for the Faculty of Medicine and Health and should you be successful, there will be additional forms which need to be completed for the University Competition.
Pages in this document
- Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarships
- Applied Health Research – Projects Available:
- Clinical Trials – Projects Available:
- Health Informatics – Projects Available:
- Healthcare – Projects Available:
- Imaging – Projects Available:
- Infection, Inflammation and Immunity – Projects Available:
- Psychology – Projects Available:
- Structure and Function in Biomedicine – Projects Available:
- Surgical Innovations – Projects Available:
- Tissue Regeneration – Projects Available: