The aims of the recently launched What Works Centre for Wellbeing are to understand what national and local governments, voluntary and community sector and businesses, can do to increase wellbeing and to shorten the distance between decision makers and the best available evidence on wellbeing.
Listening to what our users want and understanding their needs is fundamental to making this happen.
That’s why we’ve got together with colleagues in Doncaster to organise an event where we will share what we are doing, what’s happening in Doncaster and most importantly, shape how we can work together.
This event will be useful for wellbeing practitioners and decision makers across the VCS , local authorities and Health and Wellbeing boards, along those evaluating approaches.
Making the Case for Wellbeing
Thursday 26th March 9:30am (programme starts at 10:00) -3:30pm Doncaster Rovers Stadium
The full programme will cover:
- The new What Works Centre for Wellbeing- how can we help?
- What’s happening with wellbeing in Doncaster?
- How can we produce robust evidence of what works?
- What helps/ hinders use of wellbeing evidence in different policy/ practice areas?
- How can we work with policy makers to get wellbeing evidence used in decision-making?
We’ll also hear from:
- Doncaster Public Health- Using and Creating Knowledge –
- Doncaster CVS. Social Prescribing : Monitoring an active wellbeing project.
- Sheffield Hallam University. Blended Value Pilot
The event is free to attend and refreshments will be provided. Please register your attendance by clicking this link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-the-case-for-wellbeing-hosted-by-the-what-works-centre-for-wellbeing-and-doncaster-council-tickets-15814769401
e: email@example.com #whatworks #wellbeing