Invitation to Reconnect: Art and Science Exhibition, Workshops and Talks
We would like to invite you to a unique exhibition of artwork inspired by cutting edge scientific research, located not in a central gallery or university building, but out in the community.
March 16th – 26th
- Shiregreen (The Hub,Hartley Brook Road-March 16th-18th)
- Parson Cross (Soarworks, Knutton Road-March 19th-23rd)
- Jordanthorpe (Whitewillows, Dyche Road- March 24th-26th)
Find out how art and science can work together to tell the story of how the body works.
Do you know what goes on inside your body?
How it works and what it looks like?
A free touring art exhibition and displays suitable for all ages, showcasing a number of sections of research/work related to the body.
Each day there will be the opportunity to see talks and workshops led by University academics and artists alongside a high quality art exhibition giving the community the chance to get actively involved and further understand current work on the body.
8 areas of the body will be represented through different artforms:
- Interactive Giant’s Bone, suitable for pre-schoolers
- Paper folding sculpture inspired by the twisting spiral of DNA
- Sculpture of the brain cortex and folds of neural tissue.
- Textile sculpture of a coral reef inspired by the abstract, interconnecting shapes found in microscopic bone structure
- Stainless steel sculpture, woven and embellished with materials to show how new cells begin to develop in regenerative medicine.
- Installation of fused glass, ceramics, etched copper inspired by the beautiful forms found in bacterium
- Installation of household objects to help children have more awareness and understanding of dementia
- Exhibition of photographs and sound recordings of people eating their midday meal inspired by the mouth and society.
For more information on the free talks and workshops and to book your free place see: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/ignite-imaginations-7040721453?s=33995415
Project Support and Administration Worker
FREE Art and Science Exhibition, Workshops and Talks
March 16th – 26th Shiregreen, Parson Cross, Jordanthorpe
A free touring art exhibition suitable for all ages, showcasing 8 creative interpretations of scientific research on the body. Details of the exhibition and opening times here http://www.igniteimaginations.org.uk/programme/reconnect/
Each day there will be the opportunity to see talks and discussions – to find out more and book your FREE PLACE http://www.igniteimaginations.org.uk/programme/reconnect-workshops-and-talks/
Please note, I am in the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Find us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ignitesheff) and Twitter (@Ignite_Sheff)
145 Crookesmoor Road,
Sheffield, S6 3FP
Tel. 0114 2686813